- Supports glutathione production and free radical defense
- Promotes optimal detoxification and liver function
- Supports healthy immune system function
- Supports cognitive function, neurotransmitter balance and brain health
- Promotes respiratory health
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) is a powerful glutathione precursor. Glutathione is your body’s most powerful free radical scavenger. It helps neutralize free radicals and protect cells from the oxidative damage these radicals can cause. NAC is a key component of glutathione, and you liver cannot manufacture glutathione without it!
NAC supports efficient detoxification of environmental toxins and pollutants. In fact, NAC is so supportive of health, and is such a powerful detoxifying agent, that it’s stocked by every single hospital emergency room in the country! Hospitals use high doses of NAC to help detox patients and restore liver function after acetaminophen induced liver failure or overdose. Because NAC is a sulfur bearing amino acid and it’s a glutathione precursor, it lends itself to the detoxification of environmental toxins and pollutants like no other micronutrient can!
My NAC helps promote healthy respiratory function. NAC has long been noted for its ability to support and promote respiratory health and function. NAC’s impact on the expression of genes associated with the inflammatory response, it’s ability to modulate excessive mucus production, and it’s ability to help replenish glutathione reserves and mitigate oxidative damage in the lungs and bronchial tubes make it a powerful ally is promoting and supporting respiratory tract health and pulmonary function.
NAC supports neurotransmitter balance, glutamate sensitivity, and brain health. While NAC is often lauded for it’s ability to promote immune function and respiratory health, as well as support immunity during the winter months, it’s ability to bolster brain health is often overlooked. NAC has been shown to calm glutamate activity in the brain, an excitatory neurotransmitter, and support a relaxed and more positive outlook and mood. NAC also supports healthy inflammation levels in the brain, as well as supports your brain cells’ defense against free radicals and oxidative damage.
NAC is an excellent choice for anyone who:
- Wants to support glutathione production and free radical defense
- Wishes to help maintain liver health and promote detoxification
- Has several alcoholic drinks per week
- Wants to modulate mucus production in the respiratory tract
- Regularly takes Tylenol® or acetaminophen
- Has issues with glutamate sensitivity and wants to support a positive mood
Suggested Use: Take one capsule in the morning and one capsule in the evening, on an empty stomach.
Contents: 120 Capsules
DOES NOT CONTAIN: Wheat, gluten, soy, animal or dairy products, egg, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or preservatives.